On the program
Friday, July 1st 2022: Tahiti
Boats can be berthed at the new Marina downtown Papeete or at Taina, at your own expense.
- 2:00-5:00pm: In the garden of the city hall – Papeete
Meet with our team at the committee booth and receive your welcome kit (information folder, briefing documents, T-shirts and partners gifts). Meet our partners from Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
- 3:30pm: Skippers briefing sailing conditions in Moorea & the Leewards islands
- 5:30pm to 7pm: Welcome cocktail at the Papeete city Hall
Polynesian skippers blessing ceremony. Speech and briefing for rally participants. Cocktail reception offered by the South Pacific Sailing Network with tiare flowers and a dance performance.
Saturday, July 2nd, 2022: Tahiti to Moorea
- 10:00am: Sailing boats leave Papeete Harbor, Arue or Punaauia marinas, motoring to the pass of Papeete
- Fleet gathers outside the main entrance to Papeete Harbor for the start of a (no pressure) sailing rally to Moorea’s Opunohu’s Bay.
- Start of the rally outside the coral reef of Papeete’s pass and in between two speed-boats of the organizing committee.
- Arrival line in the pass of Opunohu’s bay. Anchor inside the bay, in the PGEM allocated moorings area.
- 5:00pm: Dinghy to the pontoon new Marina in Opunohu bay
Welcomed with music and flowers.Mingle with fleet members. Register your team for the canoe race on Sunday.
- 5:00 to 6:30pm: Welcome punch. Watch a short video introducing the importance of outrigger canoe in the polynesian culture, to get ready for the race on sunday.
- 7:00pm: A specially-priced dinner will also be offered by the marina restaurant. Cost is 3000 XPF with prior registration only.
Sunday, July 3rd, 2022: Moorea
- 7am: Moorea Fresh baguette delivered to each boat early in the morning
9am: A fun day of traditional Polynesian sports
Local experts will demonstrate and cruisers can test their skills. The highlight of the day will be the six-person outrigger canoe races, where cruisers join local paddlers in a series of races.
Noon: Optional traditional «Ma’a» luncheon including many classic Polynesian dishes
Cost is 4000 XPF with prior registration only
2:30pm: Awards ceremony / learn to dance Tahitian style to live music
4:00pm: Informative seminar about your next destinations in Fiji and New zealand.
5:30pm: Last cocktail.