Friday June 22th / Tahiti
2:00 – 5:00 pm : At the Tourism office – Papeete
- Boats can be berthed at the yacht quay downtown Papeete, at your own expense.
Berthing in the new downtown Marina de Papeete during the Tahiti>Moorea Sailing Rendez-Vous
- Meet with our team at the committee booth and receive your welcome kit (information folder, briefing documents, T-shirts and partners gifts).
- Discover parts of the Polynesian culture and more specificaly the Vanilla of Tahiti through several booths, handcraft and exhibits.
- Meet our New Zealand, Fiji and Australia partners: Whangarei Marine Group (www.whangareimarine.co.nz), Bay of Islands Marina (www.bayofislandsmarina.co.nz), Port Whangarei Marine Center (portwhangarei.com), Vuda Marina Fidji (www.vudamarina.com.fj/).
3:30 pm : Skippers briefing
- Briefing on sailing conditions in the Leewards islands
5:00 – 6:30 pm : Welcome cocktail at Tourism Office Papeete
- Polynesian skippers blessing ceremony.
- Speech and briefing for rally participants.
- Cocktail reception with handmade flower leis for all and a dance performance.
- After the cocktail the participants are free to dinner at the roulottes, at our partner restaurant Les 3 Brasseurs.
Saturday June 23th / Tahiti to Moorea
10 am : Sailing boats leave Papeete Harbor
- Arue or Punaauia marinas, motoring to the pass of Papeete
- Fleet gathers outside the main entrance to Papeete Harbor for the start of a (no pressure) sailing rally to Moorea’s Cook’s Bay.
- Start of the rally outside the coral reef of Papeete’s pass and in between two speed-boats of the organizing committee.
- Arrival line in the pass of Cook’s bay. When you arrive, anchor inside the bay in front of the club Bali Hai, in the PGEM moorings area.
5:00 pm : Dinghy to the Bali Hai Hotel for a cocktail
- receive a fresh flower lei and mingle with fleet members.
- Register your team for the canoe race on Sunday.
- At 6 pm, presentation shows of our partners from New Zealand, Australia and Fiji.
- At 7:00, polynesian dance and music party.
- Dancing after the show if you wish.
- A specially-priced (2500xpf) dinner will also be offered by the hotel.
The canoe races are organized by the Association Te Firi Nape Maharepa. Its purpose is the practice of va’a but also other sports such as sailing canoe, paddle, kayaking.
Sunday June 24th / Moorea
Fresh baguette delivered to each boat early in the morning for a good breakfast before a full day of festivities on the beach and in the gardens at the Club Bali Hai.
10:00 am – 3:00 pm : A fun day of traditional Polynesian sports
- Local experts will demonstrate and cruisers can test their skills.
- The highlight of the day will be the six-person outrigger canoe races, where cruisers join local paddlers in a series of races.
- Traditional games, initiation to dance, weaving and Pareos confection, information stands and handcraft demonstration from Moorea.
Noon : Optional traditional “Maa” luncheon
- (Cost is 3500 XPF with prior registration only)
- Including many classic Polynesian dishes.
2:00 pm : Learn to dance Tahitian style to live music
3:00 pm : Awards ceremony and free cocktail