On the program
Friday, June 22nd, 2018: Tahiti
Boats can be berthed at the new Marina downtown Papeete, at your own expense.
- 2:00-5:00 pm: At Marina office – Papeete
Meet with our team at the committee booth and receive your welcome kit (information
folder, briefing documents, T-shirts and partners gifts). Discover parts of the Polynesian culture of Tahiti through several booths, handcraft and exhibits. Meet our partners from Tahiti, Tonga, Fiji, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
- 3:30 pm: Skippers briefing sailing conditions in the Leewards islands
- 5:30 to 7 pm: Welcome cocktail in front of the Marina office
Polynesian skippers blessing ceremony. Speech and briefing for rally participants. Cocktail reception with handmade flower leis for all and a dance performance.
Satursday, June 23rd, 2018: Tahiti to Moorea
- 10:00 am: Sailing boats leave Papeete Harbor, Arue or Punaauia marinas, motoring to the pass of Papeete
- Fleet gathers outside the main entrance to Papeete Harbor for the start of a (no pressure) sailing rally to Moorea’s Cook’s Bay.
- Start of the rally outside the coral reef of Papeete’s pass and in between two speed-boats of the organizing committee.
- Arrival line in the pass of Cook’s bay. Anchor inside the bay, in the PGEM allocated moorings area.
- 4:30 pm: Dinghy to the Aimeo Hotel
Welcomed with music and flowers.Mingle with fleet members. Register your team for the canoe race on Sunday.
- 5:00 to 6:30 pm: Cocktail offered by the South Pacific Sailing Network
Followed by presentation shows of our partners from Northland New Zealand, Tonga and Fiji about their sailing area.
- 7:00 pm: Enjoy performances of local dance group and ukulele musicians
Dancing after the show if you wish. A specially-priced dinner will also be offered by the hotel. Cost is 2500 XPF with prior registration only.
Sunday, June 24th, 2018: Moorea
- 7 am: Moorea Fresh baguette delivered to each boat early in the morning
- 9 am: A fun day of traditional Polynesian sports
Local experts will demonstrate and cruisers can test their skills. The highlight of the day will be the six-person outrigger canoe races, where cruisers join local paddlers in a series of races.
- Noon: Optional traditional «Ma’a» luncheon including many classic Polynesian dishes
Cost is 3500 XPF with prior registration only
- 2:30 pm: Awards ceremony / learn to dance Tahitian style to live music