TMS – 17th edition – July 21st to 24th, 2023
The “Rendez-vous” concept.
The event Tahiti-Moorea Sailing RDV is organized by Archipelagoes, Pacific Puddle Jump and Latitude 38, together with their major partners: Tahiti Tourism, Cities of Papeete and Moorea-Maiao and several private partners (Port autonome de Papeete, Tahiti Crew, Aremiti Ferry, Multihull Solutions, Sin Tung Hing Marine, Sail Tahiti and the Moorea Yacht Club). Since 2011, nautical industry partners from New Zealand and Fiji join us:
- Whangarei Marine Group (www.whangareimarine.co.nz),
- Bay of Islands Marina (www.bayofislandsmarina.co.nz),
- Port Whangarei Marine Center (portwhangarei.com),
- Vuda Marina Fidji (www.vudamarina.com.fj),
- Pacific Puddle Jump (www.pacificpuddlejump.com)
- Latitude 38 (www.latitude38.com)
- South Pacific Sailing Network (www.southpacificsailing.org)
- Multihull Solution (www.multihullsolutions.com.au)
- The Yacht Sales Co. (yachtsalesco.com)
The Tahiti Moorea Sailing RDV is an annual three-day event that aims to give a warm Polynesian welcome to cruising sailors while celebrating their successful ocean crossing.
The Tahiti MS moors in Opunohu’s bay in Moorea, at the foot of Mount Rotui , in the magical gardens of the Kellum family’s domain, full of history with its 100 years old house and of botanical treasures.
It gives the opportunity to our guests to discover, through a friendly rally, the charm of our islands, their warm-hearted inhabitants and the richness of the Polynesian culture.
One of the most important goals of the Rendezvous is to promote cultural exchange in various ways. So every year we encourage visiting boat owners to invite a few residents of Tahiti or Moorea to ride along on the crossing to Moorea. It may surprise you that relatively few islanders have access to sailing, or fully understand the lifestyle of international cruisers — especially how most of them are committed to taking good care of “Moana” (the ocean). We hope you will consider participating in this cross-cultural exchange. If so, just indicate it in the registration form.